If you would like to join me in this journey to find a cure you can donate at

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ks/rnr10/jkamep

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

And the journey begins

I am a blogger now!! My boyfriend Adam can attest to how excited I am about this!

I will start with why I am blogging and how this journey began! Originally I started Team in Training in an effort to start a new chapter in my life. I felt I was not doing enough to give back in a time when we need to be doing everything we can to help those in need. In addition to finding a way to give back to those in need I wanted to challenge myself to push my physical capabilities to the limit. As many of you know I have always been a bit of a health nut but I have decided to take it to a whole new level of nutty! Team in Training allowed me to combine these two goals through serving an amazing cause.

But, I was quickly put in my place by what I would call God:) He showed me why I was really running this race. In the few weeks that followed my commitment to Team in Training I have become more aware of how many people are so deeply impacted by these diseases. Recently I was at dinner with friends and through conversation learned of a young girl who had lost her husband to Leukemia, a few days later at target I saw a little girl who had lost all of her hair from the chemo treatment needed to fight these diseases. Both were so young and had so much more life to live. These diseases do not discriminate from the little girl fighting for her life to the grandmother struggling to stay around for her family it is devastating and it is my honor to work to help find a cure!

So at the the end of the day....I am not running this race to push my physical capabilities or to make sure I am giving back, I am running this race and raising this money for all of those who can no longer run and for those who would do anything for one more day with the people they love!

If you would like to visit my fundraising Website please go to
http://pages.teamintraining.org/ks/rnr10/jkamep

Thanks in advance for your support and stay tuned for all of the ugly training details:)

I will run a total of 24 miles this week with cross training (which I refer to as torture) in between!

1 comment:

  1. I can attest... she is a big blogger dork ;) You're doing a great thing, keep up the hard work babe!

    ReplyDelete